So I’ve been on the hunt for this purple glitter for a while now. YES, it IS a Justin Bieber polish from the One Less Lonely Girl Collection- in his fave color. Luckily T.J. Maxx had it in a combo pack. So they ended up being…$3 a piece? Pretty good considering they’re more then double that at Target and Walmart. Can’t beat a good deal…and pretty glitter. O.O
One Less Lonely Glitter is one full coat on the ring finer and dabbed on the tips of the rest. I can see me using this glitter on LOTS of other colors. Very pretty, very easy to work with, subtle but pretty. Lavender glitter in a clear base could be opaque in 3-4 coats I bet. A right hand photo did you notice that? Haha, kind hard to do but its done lol.
Here’s a quick look at Sinful Colors Slate that I use underneath. 3 easy coats super nice and smooth. Subtle silver shimmer though it.
P.S. Sorry I didn’t clean up for some strange reason, I must have been to excited to photograph it. 😛
For those who like to quilt or sew or may recognize the term batik. For those who don’t- it’s a type of dyed fabric. To be more accurate, its a type of dying technique. Not that it’s important to the tutorial you can learn more here. Anyways, getting back on track now. I was admiring a scrap piece of batik fabric laying around my children’s great grandma’s sewing room and thought it would make a fun nail art design. The awesome thing I think about batiks is that not one single square inch is exactly the same as any other. Some places may be shaded a like but not as if it was patterned. (BEHIND the pattern! You know what I mean :P) I had a lot of fun making this video! I hope you enjoy!
What I Used:
- “Medium” Puple: Sinful Colors “Verbena”
- Magenta: Essie “Big Spender”
- Dark Purple: Pure Ice “No Means No”
- Shimmery Purple: Sally Hansen X-treme Wear “Virtual Violet”
- Pinky Purple: Sinful Colors “Let Me Go”
- Light Pink for DOTS: Nicole by OPI “Kim-pletely In Love”
- A porous sponge ( You can use a regular cosmetic sponge but I like the other better)
- Tweezers, for the sponge.
- Dotting tools ( Or hair pins, sewng pins, toothpicks…you get the idea)
So for those of you paying attention- look up EpicMealTime on youtube! Take a wild guess at what the next design I’m working on next. 😀