Finally as promised! I had a lot of fun putting all of these together. I hope you all enjoy. They’re all video’s so sit back and just watch! 🙂
Well there you go! Tell me, are you a fan of the Muppets? If so, which is your favorite one?
I will update in a few days of the items used….
For those who like to quilt or sew or may recognize the term batik. For those who don’t- it’s a type of dyed fabric. To be more accurate, its a type of dying technique. Not that it’s important to the tutorial you can learn more here. Anyways, getting back on track now. I was admiring a scrap piece of batik fabric laying around my children’s great grandma’s sewing room and thought it would make a fun nail art design. The awesome thing I think about batiks is that not one single square inch is exactly the same as any other. Some places may be shaded a like but not as if it was patterned. (BEHIND the pattern! You know what I mean :P) I had a lot of fun making this video! I hope you enjoy!
What I Used:
- “Medium” Puple: Sinful Colors “Verbena”
- Magenta: Essie “Big Spender”
- Dark Purple: Pure Ice “No Means No”
- Shimmery Purple: Sally Hansen X-treme Wear “Virtual Violet”
- Pinky Purple: Sinful Colors “Let Me Go”
- Light Pink for DOTS: Nicole by OPI “Kim-pletely In Love”
- A porous sponge ( You can use a regular cosmetic sponge but I like the other better)
- Tweezers, for the sponge.
- Dotting tools ( Or hair pins, sewng pins, toothpicks…you get the idea)
So for those of you paying attention- look up EpicMealTime on youtube! Take a wild guess at what the next design I’m working on next. 😀
Now hopefully you all liked that this one was much shorter. If you don’t have a crackle polish you can always fake it with a plain black polish by dabbing square-ish shapes instead. If you have a plain black stripper this effects comes out even better.
- Orange: Sinful Colors “Summer Peach”
- Black Acrylic Paint
- Black Crackle: China Glaze “Black Mesh”
- Yellow: Sinful Colors “Morning Breath”
Here is a picture with different color variations. The eyes streaked a little bit due to using cheaper topcoat! I’m trying to save my more expensive stuff for my own nails! ;D The silver crackle was painted on from left to right & also from right to left!
In the spirit of Halloween and everything spooky and fun, I came up with this eye popping design. XD Apparently I like puns.
♫♪ Jeepers creepers! Where’d you get those peepers? Jeepers creepers where’d you get those eyes?♪♫ Maybe I’m just old, but does anyone else remember that song? I heard it in an old black and white cartoon. And I don’t think it was Casper either…. Or was it?
Also if anyone is wondering about the cookie- it’s my famous “Less Chocolate Chips, Chocolate Chip Cookies”. I make them this way because as much as I like chocolate chip cookies- I really don’t like to bite into my cookie and see a center filled with chocolate. I’m weird, I know.
So anyways onto instructions for this design. Which happens to be my first video tutorial!!!!!! XD
Just to add into the video a little bit- for the pupil you could make a slit pupil like a cat or snake! 😀
List of Items Used:
- White Nail Polish: OPI “Alpine Snow”
- Wet n’ Wild Fantasy Makers Glow-in-the-dark polish
- Seche Vite Fast Dry Top Coat
- Acrylic Paints:
- Black: Folk Art “Pure Black”
- Navy: Folk Art “Navy”
- Light Blue: Jo Ann’s Craft Essentials “Baby Blue”