For those who like to quilt or sew or may recognize the term batik. For those who don’t- it’s a type of dyed fabric. To be more accurate, its a type of dying technique. Not that it’s important to the tutorial you can learn more here. Anyways, getting back on track now. I was admiring a scrap piece of batik fabric laying around my children’s great grandma’s sewing room and thought it would make a fun nail art design. The awesome thing I think about batiks is that not one single square inch is exactly the same as any other. Some places may be shaded a like but not as if it was patterned. (BEHIND the pattern! You know what I mean :P) I had a lot of fun making this video! I hope you enjoy!
What I Used:
- “Medium” Puple: Sinful Colors “Verbena”
- Magenta: Essie “Big Spender”
- Dark Purple: Pure Ice “No Means No”
- Shimmery Purple: Sally Hansen X-treme Wear “Virtual Violet”
- Pinky Purple: Sinful Colors “Let Me Go”
- Light Pink for DOTS: Nicole by OPI “Kim-pletely In Love”
- A porous sponge ( You can use a regular cosmetic sponge but I like the other better)
- Tweezers, for the sponge.
- Dotting tools ( Or hair pins, sewng pins, toothpicks…you get the idea)
So for those of you paying attention- look up EpicMealTime on youtube! Take a wild guess at what the next design I’m working on next. 😀
Posted on Tue, 01Nov 2011, in Nail Polish & Nail Art, Nicole by OPI, OPI, Pure Ice, Purple, Sally Hansen, Sinful Colors and tagged batiks, dots, kardashian kolor, lilvovo, nail art, nail polish, nails, Nicole by OPI, OPI, Pure Ice, purples, sally hansen, Sinful Colors, youtube. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.