Monthly Archives: November 2011
Hi all! Just wanted to do a very quick update at this late hour. I do plan on making more videos, I was dragging me feet about it and when I did finally decide I was going to pump out three videos a bunch of RL events happened and my RL comes before nail videos. I’m so sorry if anyone has been waiting for the “EpicMealTime” nails I do plan on doing that one still! It may not exactly come next as I hope it would but come what may and wish me luck.
For those who like to quilt or sew or may recognize the term batik. For those who don’t- it’s a type of dyed fabric. To be more accurate, its a type of dying technique. Not that it’s important to the tutorial you can learn more here. Anyways, getting back on track now. I was admiring a scrap piece of batik fabric laying around my children’s great grandma’s sewing room and thought it would make a fun nail art design. The awesome thing I think about batiks is that not one single square inch is exactly the same as any other. Some places may be shaded a like but not as if it was patterned. (BEHIND the pattern! You know what I mean :P) I had a lot of fun making this video! I hope you enjoy!
What I Used:
- “Medium” Puple: Sinful Colors “Verbena”
- Magenta: Essie “Big Spender”
- Dark Purple: Pure Ice “No Means No”
- Shimmery Purple: Sally Hansen X-treme Wear “Virtual Violet”
- Pinky Purple: Sinful Colors “Let Me Go”
- Light Pink for DOTS: Nicole by OPI “Kim-pletely In Love”
- A porous sponge ( You can use a regular cosmetic sponge but I like the other better)
- Tweezers, for the sponge.
- Dotting tools ( Or hair pins, sewng pins, toothpicks…you get the idea)
So for those of you paying attention- look up EpicMealTime on youtube! Take a wild guess at what the next design I’m working on next. 😀